In which we discuss:
- Hartford’s (semi-)hidden Park River.
- What to wear in New England.
- Our top five favorite travel movies.
Kerri describes the past and present of the Park River, once a prominent feature of Hartford and now a curiosity most Connecticut residents know nothing about. (Johnna’s intelligent questions include, “Did people use it for, like, water?”) Then we talk about what to wear when traveling in New England and give a few packing tips for anyone planning a trip in the region. Finally, we share our five favorite travel movies (hint: Kerri’s theme is life falling apart, Johnna’s is women who do whatever the $@%! they want, and we both love a road trip.)
To learn more about the Park River, visit parkwatershed.org.
A pdf map of the river and its flood control system is available here.
We refer several times to the iQuilt Plan.
And here are some images of the Park River to look at as you listen:
Johnna’s Movie Picks:
Kerri’s Movie Picks:
- Amelie and French Kiss
- Roman Holiday
- Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- National Lampoon’s Vacation and National Lampoon’s European Vacation
Note: This podcast may contain occasional curse-words. Use the earbuds at work or around the kiddos.
Music: “Below the Waves” by Keshco